A Terre's annual production of the Nutcracker features many of the historical elements with an updated plot twist.
No Place like Home
No Place like Home is a full length contemporary ballet created from Frank L. Baum's classic tale, The Wizard of OZ
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is a text and movement contemporary ballet utilizing C.S. Lewis' classic story.
A Text and movemt contemporary ballet based on J.M Barrie's classic tale.
Performances/Costumes /Performance Fee
1. At A Terre we strive to provide the most dynamic performance opportunities to all students. Students are never required to perform.
Consistency is the most important factor in student development, classes are ongoing throughout the season, while rehearsals and some warm-up classes are scheduled outside of regular classes. Occasionally rehearsal schedule will overlap with class schedules, but only in the event that a make-up class can be scheduled for any students who are not involved in performance. Performances are designed to help strengthen dancers as individual performers at a time that is right for both parents and students.
2. Dancers will have the opportunity to perform 2-3 times a year. Detailed Information will be sent out as productions are finalized. All rehearsals take place outside of regular class hours. Rehearsal Schedules are created weekly and e-mailed, please double check casting and rehearsal schedules. Dancers will often be required to audition for specific roles for a limited fee. Often, auditions are open to dancers from our community who do not attend A Terre. A Terre makes all production and casting decisions that will support student development. Thus, in the event that a particular role calls for professional expertise, A Terre may cast outside of student pool of dancers. However, A Terre will never replace a student from a performance in lieu of outside persons unless the student has failed to comply with A Terre policies. Casting is subject to change.
3. Performance payment is collected when a student joins a performance season along with performer contract. Occasionally, it may be necessary that accessories be added at minimal cost. Please note, performer fees are non-refundable. An appropriate fee will be charged for any lost, damaged, or stolen items. Performance dates and cost will be communicated by A Terre School of Dance.
4. Production Meetings bring up quality of performance, and help us stay within budget. Parents who are interested in helping may attend meetings. We understand this is not reasonable for all parents all of the time. There is no compensation for helping with performances and all parents are required to pay the same fees toward production involvement. In essence, volunteers are appreciated.
5. Food-dancers or parent to dancers are individually responsible for bringing their own pre-packed snacks, water, and meals. Food sharing is prohibited, if a child forgets to bring their food they will need to speak directly with Ms Danielle or other staff to remedy the situation. Please provide nutritious, and appropriate meals and snacks.